[VHFcontesting] N8RA 432 spring sprint

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N8RA 432 spring sprint
From: "Chet S" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:14:08 -0400
Band   Mode   QSOs    Pts    Grids

420     CW      6      834    3
420    USB     10      862    5

Total  Both    16     1696    8

Score: 2,729

Being away from VHF/UHF radio a while is my excuse for starting the sprint
by CQing and tuning above 432.200. Is nobody on the air? Did my feedline
fill up with water? After 15 minutes of this, I  looked at my beacon and
bandplan guide and, duh!!! Tuned down the band and voila!

There had been no 70cm station improvements to try out, but I had to
rearrange the shack to put this band back into operation and it was good to
see that everything was still working.

It was a couple of hours of fun, conditions seemed reasonable, but activity
was limited.