[VHFcontesting] Google Maps and Cabrillo Logs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Google Maps and Cabrillo Logs
From: "VHF Contest Logs & Analysis" <logs@vhfscores.info>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:01:25 -0400
I have always enjoyed using AZ_PROJ by NA3T and NV3Z (
http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml ) for plotting grid squares contacted
in various V/UHF contests. Many of my generated maps can be seen at
the K8GP contest album archive ( http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/stats/ ) for
the various years we operated from Spruce Knob, WV (FM08). Recently
I’ve been playing with the Google API and have come up with a way of
dynamically creating grid map overlays from Cabrillo logs and plotting
them on interactive Google Maps. I have made my code available to
anyone who would like to visualize grids contacted and other pertinent
information from their personal V/UHF Cabrillo logs. To join in and
experiment with this capability and try it out for yourself please
read more here:

http://www.vhfscores.info/?page_id=30

This is a work in progress, so comments and suggestion are welcome.

73 and enjoy!

de K1RA / AndyZ