[VHFcontesting] stacked yagi's

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] stacked yagi's
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 03:07:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hey group,

I'm in the process of stacking two 11 element 70cm yagi's.  I've modeled it in
eznec and I think the optimum distance is about 42".  (note that I might switch
units without warning).

Once I have the two 50 yagi's stacked, my model says I need to have one 180 out
of phase, does this seem right?

If that is the case, then I need different lengths of coax to feed each
antenna.

Should I use a 50 ohm power divider and feed each antenna with 1.25w and 1.75w
50 coax, or should I feed with 1.25 and 1.75 75 Ohm coax and simply use a T
connecter.  Is there an advantage of one over the other?

thanks for any help, 73,

Paul (KG7HF)