[VHFcontesting] A Weird Dressler D 200 S Linear Amp Problem

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] A Weird Dressler D 200 S Linear Amp Problem
From: Will M0GYZ <m0gyz@gb3hp.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:52:06 +0000
Okie Dokie

I've fitted the mains plug with a 13 amp fuse this time and put the lid
on the amp so the micro switch is down which should allow me to transmit.
I have the lid down before I switch it on and wait for the HV to get to
480 and the green light comes on, I go to operate and key up and nothing.

2nd time around I switch it on with the case open and the micro switch
up and wait again go to operate and I press the micro switch down and it
works
The amp transmits this way but not the 1st way so i've defiantly found
problem.

Its as if the amp thinks the switch is up when its off and must pressed
down whilst it's on for it to transmit.

Thanks
Will M0GYZ