[VHFcontesting] Getting beginners interested in VHF

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Getting beginners interested in VHF
From: kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:45:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi Folks,

 I am using a Dual Band Quad right now for 2mtrs/432 made by Cubex Quads. It
has 8 ele on 2mtrs and 11 ele on 432 on a single 8 ft boom. They offer several
types with multiple bands on a single boom. I have also built a 4 ele 6mtr quad
for about $75.00. It was quite large but worked great till I could afford a new
6 ele Yagi. They can be cheap to build and the dimensions are readily available
on line. They are also light weight, quiet and hardy when it comes to wind/snow
and such.

73,
Kevin NZ1I