[VHFcontesting] W8ISS plans for January VHF

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W8ISS plans for January VHF
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:34:43 -0500
As of right now, I am planning a jaunt down to Sterling State Park (EN81hv)
from start of contest to about 6 or 7pm, maybe later depending on what I hear
out there.

Sunday I am looking at setting up at Lake Erie Metro Park (EN82jb) at the
Marina overlook there from about 7am till I get tired. May head south towards
Toledo if there is enough activity to warrent the move. May even head west
along M50 to where M50 and M52 (EN72xa) meet even.Then a quick jaunt South
on M52 till the GPS changes to EN71xx.

Only will have the sqaure-lo for two meters at 50watts (roughly) as I haven't
fabricated a beam yet. Will have 6m with just a dipole.  I have heard K2YAZ
call a number of times with this antenna while mobile. Getting back to him is
a different story though...:( 70cm will be the only band with a beam, 6
elements. Have 1 1/4m ht, FM only, at 5 watts if there is anyone close enough
to work.

This is a change from what I had wanted to plan but I am going to give it a go
at least to get out and have some fun. Wanted to head west and work along Lake
Michigan but finances are not cooperating right now...:(

Remember, PLANS are subject to modification becuase of weather, health, money,
and/or car problems.

James W8ISS - EN82jg