Re: [VHFcontesting] New hobbies

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New hobbies
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:46:39 -0600
I have always looked upon them as an avenue for experimentation. You really
can't buy gear for the millimeter-wave bands. You can buy pieces but you
still have to put them together yourself and you have to know what you're
doing.

Fortunately Joel W5ZN and Sean KX9X are both VHF weak-signal guys and
contesters. But they are only two voices in the ARRL and I think Joel might
be about done with his term as President of ARRL (not sure about this).

73, Zack W9SZ