Re: [VHFcontesting] Cushcraft 32-19 modifications

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Cushcraft 32-19 modifications
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:04:19 -0500
Actually, doubling the BOOM LENGTH gives you about 2.5 dB increase. It could
have any number of elements on it. I like the beams with long-spaced
elements mainly because they are lighter and faster to assemble when you
transport them to a portable location disassembled. I've spent a lot of time
with Yagi Optimizer trying to get the best designs for the fewest elements
for various Yagis.

73, Zack W9SZ