[VHFcontesting] VHF Talk at QRPacificon

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Talk at QRPacificon
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 18:16:32 -0600
I will be giving a talk entitled "VHF and UHF Operating and Contesting
for the Beginner and QRPer" at the NorCal QRP group's QRPacificon,
Saturday, October 10, at the Milpitas, Ca Crowne Plaza Hotel,
777 BELLEW, MILPITAS, CA.

My talk is at 1500. Here is the schedule for the whole forum:

10:30-11:30:   Joe Everhart, N2CX, “Adventures in Flatloopland”
11:30-12:30:   Arv Evans, K7HKL, "BITX20 Transceiver - It's History,
The Discussion Group, Status, and Future                Predictions"
12:30-2:00:    Lunch
2:00-3:00:     Bill Gerry, WA6NPC, Adaptations for the blind: Ham
radio and Test Equipment
3:00-4:00:     Jim Duffey, KK6MC, "VHF and UHF Operating and
Contesting for the Beginner and QRPer"
4:00-5:00:     HFPack Group presentation on portable battery technology

There are other activities, full details are at:

  < http://www.norcalqrp.org/pacificon09.htm >

All of this at no cost to you. I repeat there is no charge for the
forum and all other activities.

So if you are in the area, stop by and say hi, or if you know someone
in the area that wants to get started on VHF, send them down to the
talk.
You can signup for an official QRPacificon name badge for the forum at:
  < http://www.alpinesoft.com/pacificon09/ >
There is no charge for the badge either.
QRPers are a friendly group, enthusiastic, they like to build, like to
operate, and like to operate in the field. So I think that they
represent the ideal demographic to get involved in VHF. Please stop by
and help me evangelize for VHF. Thanks - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey