Re: [VHFcontesting] W1RT relaxed 10G plans

To: Microwave <microwave@lists.valinet.com>, "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W1RT relaxed 10G plans
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:17:43 -0400
heh .. that was interesting .. I need to figure out how to make my
outings less interesting :)

Headed up to Mohawk early as planned .. on the last couple hundred
feet of road I managed to catch a branch with the H-frame which
destroyed my 3G looper and broke the 903 yagi in half.

Conditions were poor, worked 4 or 5 stations and decided to head south
and try again from the coast. Stopped at K1IIG's house, left crank
handle on rear tower, drove away and it fell off .. lost.

Gave up at that point, went sailing Sunday (thought about bringing 10G
gear on boat but decided it would be too much like work)

de w1rt/john