Re: [VHFcontesting] GPS w/ Maiden Head GS

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] GPS w/ Maiden Head GS
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:12:14 -0700
Ted,

    if you have an iPhone, there's at least one free app that uses the
device's built-in GPS (the one I use is called hamLocator, there are
probably others) to give you a constantly updating Maidenhead (to ten
digits of precision, actually - I'm currently at EM10CL41QO...)

     What I'd really like for the iPhone is an app that uses Google Maps to
both tell you where you were, but also give you a sense of how far it is
to the next four-digit grid boundary.

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 02:40:22PM -0400, Ted wrote:
> Want to purchase a Handheld GPS with Maiden Head Grid Squares
> included. If you know the Manufacturer and Model Number of one
> such unit (current production), please send along.
>
> Tnx es 73 - Ted Goldthorpe (W4VHF)

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/