[VHFcontesting] Please get your Aug UHF log submitted soon

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Please get your Aug UHF log submitted soon
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:17:18 -0500
     Good day from record cold EN63.
     57F and a stiff NW wind, so I'm inside getting caught up on
some radio emails...

     The deadline for Aug UHF log submissions to ARRL is
1300 utc on Tuesday, Sept. 1st.   If you have put off submitting
your log (Like I do), time is running out.

     The UHF contest needs all the love it can get.   ARRL was
seriously considering dropping it 5-7 years ago.  Then a proactive
VHF/UHF club from Minnesota said, "NO WAY" and started
Rovermania.  Thank you NLRS!   The story is a great one, see
it at:  http://www.nlrs.org/RoverMania/index.htm   Lots of
food for thought in there -- how can you perk up activity in
your area??

      If you played in the UHF contest, please submit a log and
show your involvement with the bands we love.

     Thanks, 73,
     Todd  KC9BQA   EN63ao   40 N of Milwaukee
     http://www.kc9bqa.com   For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates