Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Jetstream coax

To: "William M. Pasternak" <newsline@ix.netcom.com>, "John Geiger" <aa5jg@yahoo.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <sidewindersontwo@yahoogroups.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Jetstream coax
From: "Marshall Williams" <k5qe@mail.sabinenet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:23:30 -0500
Hello all....unless you need braided coax for the flexibility(think rotor
loops), I always recommend that hams install Heliax.  There are several
sizes available and they are all very low loss for their size.  LDF Heliax
does not suck water like braided coax does, so you actually save a lot of
money over the long haul.  You don't have to replace Heliax after a few
years because water got into the braid or the black jacket got all chalky
and crumbly....Good surplus Heliax shows up from time to time at the
various hamfests, etc.  Excepting physical damage, like kinking or mashing,
it will last for a very long time....

I have loads of connectors for the standard sizes, so that is not a
problem.  If you need any, just write me....

I have connectors for 1/2" SuperFlex(FSJ4-50B), 1/2"(LDF4-50A), and
7/8"(LDF5.50A)....

73 to all....Marshall K5QE