Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 2 Meters 48 States Terrestrial Update

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 2 Meters 48 States Terrestrial Update
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:33:41 -0700 (PDT)
K5UR to KP4 in 1985 is the current North American and World record at 1965
miles - I suspect there was considerable tropo ducting involved with that, as
well as some with the K2DRH->N6RMJ QSO.  Keep in mind the K5UR QSO was done
well BEFORE the invention of WSJT.

The IARU Region 1 record is 1927 miles, also on CW !

Jay W9RM