[VHFcontesting] W9SNR/R UHF Contest Plans

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9SNR/R UHF Contest Plans
From: "W9SNR" <w9snr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:22:26 -0500
I'll be spending Saturday at the EN61,60,50,51 grid corner near Chebanse, IL.
I'm currently planning to start in EN61, then moving to EN60 and EN50, spending
about 2.5 hours in each grid, with 0.5-1 hour between grids.  If activity is
too slow, then I'll spend less time in each grid, and hit EN51 before I head
north.

I'll be in EN62cc (Glenview, IL) early Sunday morning, starting at 1100Z if the
gates to the site open up that soon. I expect to spend about 3 hours there,
then move to EN52xc (Palatine, IL) to finish the contest.

I have good setups for ALL bands from 222 thru 10 GHz.  I'll also bring along
my low power 24 GHz rig, but it's only good for short range contacts unless
there is a really strong opening.

Working frequency will be .135 on 222 and 432, provided that it doesn't get
jammed by ragchewers.  I'll try calling CQ there too, although if that doesn't
work, I'll go back close to .100.

73 - Jim
W9SNR/R