[VHFcontesting] Yeah, typo, meant 144.288 MHz

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Yeah, typo, meant 144.288 MHz
From: Jeff Thomas <wa4zko@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
Yeap the 144.188 was a typo, freq originally involved is 144.288. I meant to
fix it in the 2nd msg on this, but forgot to note the typo.

With the huge delays in msg postings making things awkward for this type of
discussion, I'm going to make this my last for this topic.

73 & hope to hear some of you on for the UHF Contest.
Jeff
WA4ZKO/1

Original msg behind all this:

> Jay's comment to the VHF list got me to think about all of the No-code hams
out there. The ratio of no-code to know-code is bound to increase over time.
We really ought to get out of denial and start truly exploiting the simple
digital stuff like PSK31.

> Would anyone else be interested in playing a little on PSK31 on this upcoming
Monday (remember, Monday is 2m "activity" night)?

> Rather than spreading things out...I'm thinking that we all meet on 144.288
USB at 9:00 pm Eastern and see what we can work in all directions. A bunch of
QSO's will fit in the waterfall, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

> I'll try to get a few PropNET folks on, too. If your CQ is skimmed, they will
map-plot the "catch" to a web page for all to see.

> Wouldn't it be cool to try? PSK31 is only 3dB "less efficient" than the JT
modes, from my memory...but certainly more "QSO capable".