Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving Analysis

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving Analysis
From: Bill All <n3_kkm@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:10:29 -0400 (EDT)
Since the subject was brought up, here's another view from one of the 5
Unlimited Rover entrants in the June contest. The N3XUD/R Three Generation
Rover Team agonized over which rover class to enter also.  We opted for the
Unlimited Rover class, not to win anything, but to renew contesting ties with
my son and my recently licensed Grand-Daughter, KB3STA. The Classic Rover and
the Limited Rover clearly state a maximum of two operators. So should we have
left her home while Son and I went out roving as a Limited or Classic Rover?  I
think NOT. Were we competitive in the Unlimited Rover class? I think NOT. But
we did have a good time, and did she learn a little about contesting? Well
you'll have to ask her.  But would I do it again?  D*** Right. I would not
trade that experience for anything.

Bill - N3KKM
For the N3XUD/R Three Generation Rover Team