[VHFcontesting] W3BC/ROVER Itinerary for CQ WW VHF

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3BC/ROVER Itinerary for CQ WW VHF
From: "Shupienis, Joseph" <jshupienis@ccac.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:06:49 -0400
The rover wagon is ready to go to a couple new grids this year. Just guessing
at the frequencies, but I'll say look for W3BC/R at 50.186 and 144.186 on
Saturday from FN10db, FM19aw, and FM09vv. Taking advice from more experienced
VHF contesters on this reflector, I've researched and reconnoitered these sites
and all three of them are over 1300' HAAT (2350, 2430 and 2380 MSL), with
exceptionally clear shots to Baltimore, Washington and the Philadelphia area.

On Sunday, the frequencies will be the same, and the locations will be the
usual ones in FN00ox, FN01qf and FN11be, time permitting. And all of this is
weather permitting, too. Thunderstorms and lightning will make it "very, very
frightening" to set up, and may force an early teardown. Let's hope for clear
weather!

Another new wrinkle - I'll be running APRS while enroute (The rules don't say
not to, do they?)

I will gladly make skeds but can't make exact guarantees, due to unknown travel
times over unfamiliar routes.
73 de Joe, W3BC