[VHFcontesting] IC-910H and Mirage Amp keying

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IC-910H and Mirage Amp keying
From: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:31:24 -0000
Had a great time this past weekend in the June contest! I put a new Mirage
brick on for a little more 2m power. I about went nuts listening to the
relay chatter so I want to hard key it but I'm not sure which pins to solder
up a cable to.  The pin out for the accessory 8 pin show pin 2 as GRND and
pin 3 as SEND. Do I go from 3 to the center pin and 2 to the shield of the
RCA?  The IC-910 manual says zip about keying an external amp and the Mirage
amp only says you need to pull the RELAY line low. (GRND)

I bought the B 2518 G Mirage amp from AES btw. The first two were DOA so I
called Mirage who sent me a new one, 2nd day air and a return label to send
the second one back directly to Mirage.  If you ever need a contact at MFJ
who cares and will take care of you, ask for Bob Ellis who is the service
lead. He has helped me out twice recently. He has been there forever.

Thanks in advance for any help with the keying.

Regards,

Jon-K6EL

k6el@comcast.net