[VHFcontesting] WA4ZKO N-KY EM78pp plans

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WA4ZKO N-KY EM78pp plans
From: Jeff Thomas <wa4zko@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
>From looking at the tropo forecast maps, it looks like there's a pretty good
>chance of some tropo/inversion enhancement across the SE USA and extending
>into my area this weekend.

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html

I'll be on from EM78pp with the usual:
6m - 100w to 5 el at 50'
2m -  45w to 10 el at 58'
432 - 45w to 18 el at 55'

I've got a pile of stuff on the plate for this weekend and probably will not
get home till around 4-5PM'ish Saturday. As such I plan to work just portions
of the contest during Saturday evening and maybe Sunday morning...will have to
see how things play out. If activity is as low as it was during the sprints,
I'll probably just divert my attention to other projects and just occasionally
check the bands to see if 6m is open.

Hopefully there will be some more local/semi-local activity this time around.
KY and TN seemed very dead during the spring sprints. TN is usually full of
activity, but not for the last year or two. Used to be a handful of us on in
Kentucky. This spring I think I was the only KY station on for the sprints.

73, be safe, have fun, and GL to all.
Jeff
WA4ZKO

Support Ham Radio in Kentucky, get involved, get on the air!
http://twitter.com/wa4zko  (ham activity notes & etc)