[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:58:20 -0600
Tom - You wrote:

"I have a fairly well equipped four band rover station. I also have a
927.5 FM rig and a small yagi. What's the problem with handing out a
few contacts to station who also have 927.5 FM?"

Nothing of course. The more bands one has, the better the contest.
"If I have to enter as an unlimited rover the 927.5 radio stay home.
Is that in the best interest of VHF (opps UHF) contesting? Don't think
so."
Well you don't have to enter as an Unlimited Rover. nor should you.
You can enter as a Classic Rover. If you operate with 5 bands, why not
enter a category that supports 5 bands? Granted the step up form
LImited to Classic is usually a big step down in competiveness, but
that is true of most new endeavors. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey