[VHFcontesting] contests are contests

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] contests are contests
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:43:14 -0700
If one does not want to compete, go out and rove and do not turn in a log. If
there is no competition here why don’t we have vhf+ get together with all these
rules as an informal measuring stick. But once you take logs compare them to
one another and declare winners, you have a competition.  When you turn in a
log, you the operator determine how seriously you choose to take the
competition and it is not up to others to determine your attitude for you.
Therefore a competition that has obvious issues should be corrected or taken
down to the level of a “get together” with no awards or certificates.

After all we are debating contest rules on a contest reflector so it’s
definitely a contest.

The ARRL needs to either remove the encourage to work as many people as
possible language from its contest or address/ truly separate the grid
circlers.
 If my boss encourages me to fix as many problems as possible and I choose a
path that only serves a few problems every time I work, I may be seeking other
employment