[VHFcontesting] Spirit of the Rules

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Spirit of the Rules
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:59:13 -0600
Frank - There is no spirit of the rules. There are only rules. They
are the only thing that can be applied and enforced.

If the spirit is important, it should be incorporated in the rules. It
is not. So the rules are what the rule makers want them to be.

If we don't like the rules, we can lobby our ARRL representatives,
starting with your VHF/UHF Contest Advisory Committee member, your
ARRL Contest Committee member, and your Division Director. Tell them
what you want. Tell them a month in advance of the Board of Directors
meeting. Be specific.

They recommend rules. They can change things. Let your wishes be known.

All things considered, the latest rule change is positive. We need to
encourage that behavior. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey