Re: [VHFcontesting] [50mhz] Waterproofing a gamma match

To: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@yahoo.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [50mhz] Waterproofing a gamma match
From: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:09:05 -0600
Personally, I like Scotch Type 70 Self-Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape.
This stuff is amazing. It's like heat shrink tubing, except without the heat
and
without being tubular. Drawback -- it is an industrial, not a consumer,
product,
and it ain't cheap. If you do decide to get some, here's a hint: Follow the
application instructions on the box to the letter, or it is likely you won't
get
the kind of stability over time that you can get with this product. Silicone
rubber, excellent dielectric properties, no detuning.

Bill W5WVO