[VHFcontesting] KK6MC portable in DM66 for the Spring Sprint

To: RMVHF+ VHF Plus <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC portable in DM66 for the Spring Sprint
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:07:51 -0600
I have decided to journey to DM66 and set up the rover as a portable
station for the Spring Sprint. I will be on a 7500 ft mesa near
Lybrook NM. I have CW and 50 Watts to a 2 element beam. Southern
Colorado is easy from here, and the southern part of NM to El Paso is
also reachable with low, but reasonable SNRs. I worked W5DDR from here
at a distance of 300 + miles once. So look for me. I will have 50
Watts to a 2 element Yagi up 15 feet. I hope the band opens for some Es.

Thanks to everyone who worked me in the June Contest last year. A
plaque (my first ever) for a top ten finish in the limited rover
division arrived today. I couldn't have done it without contacts from
all of you, so thanks for helping me win the plaque. Can you tell that
I am excited?

Listen for me and keep those plans coming. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey