[VHFcontesting] Spring time rover thread

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Spring time rover thread
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:30:13 -0700
Ah yes spring is in the air.......

Someone mentioned contest season and rover threads. Yes it is that time of year.

            I was considering grid circling on the upper microwave bands.  I
wanted to know if which was better a good set of Leopold field glasses for
looking for the thumbs up from my circling partners 600 yards away across the
grid corner or is it better to use a spotting scope so I can keep one eye on
the VFO to track any frequency drift in my transverters.  Also, is there a
laser filter for optics in case my buddies accidentally shoots me in the eye
with thier lasers?

If we to string a piano wire and chilly cans between our two lunchbox stations
to coordinate, would that be a rule violation or an ethical violation of the
spirit of said rules or just a demonstration of innovation where rules are not
clear?  Or would it be a land line coordination  even if it was solely sound
powered?

Man where was this one for April Fools day =).
You need a thick skin and some humor tolerance to be on this reflector.

Have fun in the contests.

K3UHF/R