Re: [VHFcontesting] [wsjtgroup] Picking a Bone With Gene

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [wsjtgroup] Picking a Bone With Gene
From: Sebastian <w4as@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:52:37 -0400
If you ever see the tv show called "The Daily Show", they recently had
a feature titled "S*&t that isn't going to happen"; and the metric
system was on there.

It was hilarious, but the truth is, the USA 'established' the metric
system years ago, you just perhaps haven't seen it.  Take apart some
of your car's engine, I don't care if it's American made or an import;
unless it's very old, the bolts are metric.  That's just one example.
There are lots of other industrial and commercial uses that you may
not have noticed.

I'm 50 years old, and when I was a kid in elementary school over 40
years ago, we studied the metric system, as the "USA was going to
convert to it".  While we typically see MPH speed signs, gallons of
milk and quarts of oil, most other things are already using the metric
system.

73 de W4AS
Sebastian