Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm Antenna & Amplifier

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm Antenna & Amplifier
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:45:34 -0500
I work a lot of people in the contests with 10 watts on 432 and a 15 element
homebrew beam on a 10 foot boom. I have been able to work anyone I could
hear and routinely work into Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, Ohio, Tennessee
with it.

I should be able to work you with no problem. It doesn't take a lot to go
quite a ways on this band.

73, Zack W9SZ
EN50vc Urbana IL
(but usually QRP Portable from EN50rl)