[VHFcontesting] Updated VHF_USA Database Now Available

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <zephd@indy.rr.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Updated VHF_USA Database Now Available
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 08:29:25 -0400
All,
I asked Dave, W3KM if Dave W9CRX's Database can be used with his logger
(W3KM). He was good enough to write a converter so it can be used. It looks
like you can choose the database you wish to use. I have not tried yet but
here is W3KM's comments below and below that is a cut/paste from W9CRX
original posting.

In fact - you can do it yourself from here on out - with this application:
http://mysite.verizon.net/dmascaro1/DBA_Converter_Install.exe

In the extraction folder you will see 2 source files as well as the 2 output
.adi files. Try converting the sample file first - as vhf.dba has 12,000
callsigns and it takes a while to crank thru the conversion.

vhf.adi can be copied to your vhflog32 folder, and the new version of
vhflog32 will allow you to select it. The vhf.dba only has 4-digit grids
however.

Have fun,
73, Dave, W3KM