Re: [VHFcontesting] June VHF plans

To: "Paul Kiesel" <k7cw@yahoo.com>, "VHF Contesting email" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "Steve Clifford" <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] June VHF plans
From: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 06:58:17 -0600
I'll second Paul's motion for the coastal route, with emphasis on 6 meters
double-hop sporadic-E. I don't need as many grids along the east coast as Paul
does, since he is way up there in the northwest corner of the country, but we
do have two in common -- FM13 and FM25. FM13, Kure Beach / Ft Fisher NC area,
gets activated from time to time, but I've never caught them at the right
time; even from here in NM, it's double-hop. FM25, Cape Hatteras NC, is
equipped with a nice 6m beacon on 50.062 MHz; I've heard it on several
occasions, but have never caught the beacon owner (K4MHZ) on the air at the
same time. Both these grids are fairly rare out here in the West.

Bill W5WVO
DM65 NM