Re: [VHFcontesting] assisted class

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] assisted class
From: Tad Danley <tdanley@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:03:24 -0500
W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

> Maybe someone will try to tackle the question why is there such difference
> in operating on VHF VS HF.  Isn't contesting, contesting?

Hi Mike, in the past I have operated as part of Multi-Multi contest
efforts on HF as well as VHF/UHF, and lately my operating has been from
my own modest home station.  On HF, I (we) almost never run out of other
stations to be worked.  On VHF/UHF, I (we) always do.  I think that is a
big difference that creates different views as to what is 'acceptable',
especially when the real goal is to have fun and work as many other
stations as possible.

Tad Danley, K3TD
EM10dq