Re: [VHFcontesting] The Simple Fix [was: The Psychology ofContestPartici

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Simple Fix [was: The Psychology ofContestParticipation]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:06:17 -0800 (PST)
--- On Sun, 2/15/09, Gene <gmitch@iowatelecom.net> wrote:

> From: Gene <gmitch@iowatelecom.net>
> Also I show up at as many grid corners as I can during a
> contest and I will enter in and out of the grid corners as
> many times as it takes to work the Fixed stations as they
> show up and will do so until I need to move to the next grid
> corners. I do not sit in one grid and kill an hour
> waiting for stations to show up.

With the "simple fix" in place, you will have new strategies to explore.
Knowing that one cannot reactivate a previously activated grid will cause those
who want to do well to adopt practices that allow them to get noticed in new
ways.

This is no different than fixed stations, right now.  I can decide that it is
time to spend an hour with the kids and chance missing a (band opening, meteor
burn, new rover, etc) in a new grid.  Bummer for me.  It is a choice that I
made and a chance that I took.

The "simple fix" is the right fix for everyone.

Ev, W2EV