Re: [VHFcontesting] 902 vs. 903

To: wa4kxy@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 902 vs. 903
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 03:30:54 -0800 (PST)
Generally, "33cm" QSO's fall into the "pre-arranged" category, much like
the higher microwave bands.  Best success on this band is where a liaison
is employed so as to determine a "mutually quiet" frequency and work
there.
Along those lines some who have not "cooked in the rock" on their DEMI
transverters may find their LO WAY off frequency, I think due to a bad
batch of crystals somewhere along the line.  Mine did that a couple
times... and so have others in the area... so tuning the whole band to
find the other guy was a necessity!  This becomes less of a problem on
927.5 FM...  which is OK
for the closer in stuff, but, the SSB station running a whole lot bigger
antenna and gobs more power does better, of course!

Eric
KB7DQH