[VHFcontesting] What a difference a week makes

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] What a difference a week makes
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:02:24 +0000
Last weekend there was outstanding sporadic-E on 6 Meters. Both Saturday and
Sunday 6 Meters was
open "coast to coast" and down into the Carib. Even a few Es  TEP QSOs reported
between Florida and
Brazil!  I worked XE2TH in Mexico running 5 W to a CB mag mount whip on my car.
ERP likely in the
milli-watt range.

Had the Jan VHF Sweepstakes been held last weekend - it would have been a
record breaking event.

Or had the Es appeared a week earlier.

While HF contest propagation does vary week to week, on VHF it is much more
dramatic.

What a difference a week makes.

de N0JK