[VHFcontesting] Jan VHF SS WB2RVX

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Jan VHF SS WB2RVX
From: "Michael Gullo" <mgullo3@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:38:11 -0500
   Band   QSOs    Grids
    ----------------------------------
    50         165         31
    144       202         36
    222        58          18
    432        66          14
    903        20            6
    1296      27            7
    2304      13            3
    3456       4             2
    TOTALS 555       117

     Total score =  109863

    Club participation ?    Yes
    ARRL Affiliated Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

It was a blast running the bands with the fixed stations and rovers. I thought
the condx were flat with a little tropo enhancement Sun night. Activity seemed
to be down from last year of which the weather must of played a large factor,
particularly with the New England ops succumbing to the ice storms. Contest
went smooth in the beginning then I lost 432 early Sat with some issue I have
yet to resolve at the top of the tower. When I went to bed Sat night, the
solution hit me! 432 and 144 should be electrically related as far as the
antenna is concerned. First thing Sun morning I connected my 2m EME array on
the roof to the 432 radio and had a 1.7:1 match. Back on the air!

73 esTnx to all,
Mike - WB2RVX
FM29mt