[VHFcontesting] FS: Classic IC-202 2m IF rig

To: <microwave@lists.valinet.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Classic IC-202 2m IF rig
From: "WA3ETD" <j_molnar@shoreham.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:42:14 -0500
All: excess to my needs, for sale is a FB IC-202 2m transceiver for transverter
IF / portable use.  This rig has both the 144.0 mHz and 144.2 mHz base
crystals, and the VFO is calibrated pretty well.  The rig has been modified as
follows for transverter use : TX and RX are split, TX from the original UHF
connector, RX is a BNC.  I also added a PTT output (PTT low on TX) which is
brought out to a RCA jack.  The PTT is via a small relay, so the PTT is totally
isolated from the radio.  Rig is a 9.5 of 10 cosmetically and is the nicest one
I've seen, having had several over the years, and is 100 % perfect functionally
except for a slightly dirty volume control.

The battery box is mint, and includes the rare BC-20 NiCAD charge controller.
This packages includes the IC-202, coaxial external power cord with bananna
plugs, original microphone and manuals.  The owners manual looks like it was
just printed!  Schematics and manual for the chager also included.  I also have
and will include the original whip antenna and choke which were saved from the
mods.  If no interest, it goes to the infamous on-line auction site.

$160, which includes shipping in the lower 48.  PayPal OK!  I have pix, please
ask for them only if serious.

TNX, John WA3ETD in FN33ir VT