[VHFcontesting] January VHF contest roving plans

To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January VHF contest roving plans
From: "Steve Clifford" <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:45:07 -0500
The contest is going to be a much smaller operation for K4RUN/R.  My first
problem is that I can't take off from work like I have done in the past.
The next problem is that funds are running very low this year so gas, food
and lodging expenses are a real concern.  Still though, I will be on the air
and competitive.

I'll start the contest from the parking lot of my employer in Fredericksburg
VA FM18gg.  I should be able to operate for the first hour of the contest.

That evening, I'll make a drive to the intersection of FM07 08 17 18 near
Louisa VA.  I'll be on from about 8:00 PM until about midnight Eastern
time.

Sunday afternoon, we will run to Hogback overlook if Skyline Drive is open
(FM08us) and if not, I have a couple of altnernate locations with good
elevation and views to the North and East.  We'll work the grid corner of
FM08 09 18 and 19 near Winchester until the evening.

I'll be on 50, 144, 222 and 432.  I have a new 60 watt transverter for 222
and a few new improvements to the rover.  My parter will again be K4LIG whom
I will be marrying in February.

I'm going to try using 144.245 as my contact frequency.  Whenever I'm not
S&P, I'll be calling and listening on that frequency.  Any other rovers are
welcome to also use this and maybe we can get it used as a common rover
contact spot.  Let's see how it works.

Steve
K4GUN/R