[VHFcontesting] roving, cali web pages and public logs.

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] roving, cali web pages and public logs.
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:29:53 -0800
I actually agree with his statement on the uhf soapbox.
If they went pure distance based scoring. i WOULD TAKE MY 4 OR 5 BANDS AND ROVE.
I don't know if they grid circle to prove the sytem is broken like someone
suggests.
If they are doing it to prove it, then its been done.
In this case we are on the same side.
If they are doing it for fun, then they won't mind another set of rule changes.
If they are doing it for competition, then they should not mind being and
staying in their own class like multi-ops and portables do.
Now that I think about it.......
Why the heck is there a beginer class in the UHF contest?
That goes back to letting a biginer pick 4 bands on 1.3 ghz and below.
That would be 1.3, 900, 432 and 222 in this case.

Personally I think they have a beef with someone in the ARRL CAC politically.

Also if they are proud of their acomplishments, publish the logs.
That goes for all the winners vhf and hf.....

Ultimately their suggestion for uhf should be followed on the january vhf
contest when propigation is nil.
But thats a long way away.

73s
frank