[VHFcontesting] EME contest rules

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EME contest rules
From: Joe Taylor <joe@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:50:49 -0500
I know this doesn't apply to most subscribers on this reflector ... but
for those who are active on EME and care about EME contest rules:

The ARRL's VHF/UHF Advisory Committee (VUAC) is reviewing the rules for
the annual International EME Competition.  If you think that
the rules should be changed (or not changed), now is a very good time to
make your views known to the VUAC.  The best way to do that is
to send your recommendations to the ARRL Contest Branch Manager, Sean
Kutzko, kx9x@arrl.org .  He will forward them to the VUAC.

I will append my personal list of topics you might wish to address.  You
may have other ideas, as well.

     -- 73, Joe, K1JT (Atlantic Division VUAC Representative)

Rules for the ARRL EME Contest: Topics for Discussion

1. How best to divide activities on different bands among 2 or 3 contest
weekends?

2. Should CW and Digital activities take place on the same or different
weekends?

3. Should there be any Assisted categories?  In other words, should any
real-time liaison, solicitation, self-spotting, or arrangement of QSOs
by non-EME means be permitted during the contest?

4. Should there be separate Analog, Digital, and Mixed-Mode entry
categories?

5. Are the present "band categories" too many, or poorly chosen?  We now
have:
    Single Band (50 144 432 1296 2.3 3.4 5.7 10 ...)
    Multi-Band (50-1296)
    Multi-Band (2.3G and up)
    Multi-Band (All Band)

6. What is the optimum format for presentation of results in QST and on
the ARRL web site?