[VHFcontesting] VUAC <10 qso rule comprimise & honoring history

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VUAC <10 qso rule comprimise & honoring history
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:45:01 -0800
If there is a controversy over a perceived rule flaw of a contesting system
used on VHF the contesting reflector is the place for it.  People will try to
take what starts as a civil debate and twist it in hopes that it dies.  It
won’t. 10 years proves that.

I am a rover. I don’t like the idea of a 10 QSO limit. However much of the
debate on here could be used to try to reach a compromise amongst reasonable
people. You will have to filter out the rest. So perhaps the simple end all
here would be rover to rover contacts count for zero points and zero
multipliers. It would hurt me but woould be for the greater good and there
would be no way I can think of right now to get around that rule, so its
probaly the logical/ simple fix

Pack roving would still run together for safety and this would not touch the
safety issue at all.

I know some of you are pretty much literalists when it comes to the rules and
perhaps life.  I’m ok with that.  I’m going to mention spirit here again.

I was not an original rover but if I understand the history the people that
laid the foundation of this did it for the home stations in the VHF community.

A zero point/ multiplier for limited and classic rovers would re-enforce the
spirit of my predecessors who did it for the vhf community as a whole.  Leaving
unlimited, unlimited would give circlers a home within our community as well.

thanks for asking
k3uhf/r