Re: [VHFcontesting] logs are members property

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] logs are members property
From: "STeve Andre'" <andres@msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:24:12 -0500
Before we go off and demand things from the ARRL, I think it
would be best to ask why they haven't done so in the past,
and ask what needs to be done to change this.

>From a practical point of view, computer submitted logs now
make all sorts of things possible that the league simply could
not have done before.  And, even with the modern tools to do
this there is the question of the ARRL needing to get the
permission of the submitters to do this.  In addition, they need
to have be able to handle a top scorer who does not want
their log open to the world.

Me, I'm all in favor of this happening, but I can see it being
more work, and the concept of folks not wanting logs being
published needs to be respected.

...Perhaps some independant entity could hold them, if
that doesn't already exist?  Voluntary, but still interesting to
see.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82