Re: [VHFcontesting] The New Rover Rules

To: <k4gun@comcast.net>, "James Duffey" <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The New Rover Rules
From: "Rogers, Ron" <RR124640@ncr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:46:16 -0500
So, I'll admit that I usually thumb trough the rankings and scores to see who
did what in the VHF and UHF contests and mainly focused on the Multi-op and
Limited Multi scores, but I also take a quick glance at the rovers scores and
enjoy seeing who participated and turned in a log.

I know that in June we (W4NH Four Landers Contest Group) placed the highest in
the Top Ten for a number of years. That's a satisfying accomplishment when you
enter the same class with other Multi-op groups that are located nearer to
higher density populations or in areas of better propagation for that contest.

However, even though we moved up in the rankings our prize money check was no
larger than any previous prize money we had received. In addition, the trophy
that was shipped to us was of no greater size than any others that sit in our
trophy case.

I didn't read the latest contest report close enough to see if the prize money
payout changed in the rover classes when the rules were modified.

Ron
WW8RR