Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5
From: N6FD <n6fd@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 04:33:37 -0700
Alan,

1) Transverters are usually linear devices, so you can reduce output
power by reducing input power.  You can do this by either reducing the
power from the radio or putting an attenuator in line.  I set my
transverters' power for QRP Portable operation by using a CW signal out
of the radio and setting the power for 10W out of the transverter.
2) I don't know the interface for the 756, but the 706 can do different
powers on different bands, so you just need to set it beforehand.  If
you use the attenuator approach, you don't have to change anything.
3) This depends on the transverter.  Usually it is set up for 28 MHz =
903 MHz.

Erich N6FD