Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 03:25:08 -0000
I thought the activity level was a bit low. There was no enhancement that I
could see here in Maine. I ended up with 34 QSOs in 16 grids. I worked
absolutely nothing to the northeast of me, and with the ocean to the
southeast, all the grids worked were in one general direction. I worked a
few stations in FM19, and K3TUF and N3NGE. Nothing doing from FN11, FN21 and
a bunch of other grids that are usually in there.  I looked for EN91, but
heard nothing here.  I also made some noise down towards Norfolk, VA in
hopes of hearing WF4R, but nil heard here.
    I got my 222 MHz amplifier back on line, but with an old tube with a
1973 date code. I ran the filaments over the weekend, and ran it lightly
tonight with low voltage and about 300  watts or so output to remove any gas
that might be in there. I don't need another flash over. It seemed to work
fine.
    Thanks to all who got on.

73
Dave K1WHS