[VHFcontesting] Roving plans for September

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving plans for September
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:38:09 +0000
This contest will be a different route for me.  I don't have exact times for
this trip so it will be a bit looser of a schedule, but I think it will be more
productive.

I'll be on the lower 4 bands as a Limited Rover.  I have 100 watts on 50, 180
on 144, 10 on 222 and 100 on 432.  I'll have omni loops for 50, 144 and 432 but
those will only be in sue while in motion.  I have a Stressed Moxon for 50 and
Directive Systems "Rover Special" antennas on 144, 222 and 432 (8' beam yagis).

I'm starting at 2:00 PM EST in FN21 at Camelback Mountain.  When activity
declines, I'll move to make brief stops at the corner of FN10 11 20 21 before
heading Southwest.  I'll likely spend the night in Harrisburg in FN10.

On Sunday, I'll make brief stops in FM19 (probably between Chambersburg and
Hagerstown) and FM09 (near Winchester Va).  I'll be at Skyline Drive at Hogback
Overlook by late afternoon where I'll spend several hours (FM08us).  I'll leave
Skyline at dusk and head to a spot near my QTH in FM18iq to finish the last
hour or so.

I'm going to try using a listening frequency for this contest.  I'll try to
monitor 144.240 as much as possible.  Using the above schedule, aim my way and
give a call there and hopefully, I'll hear you .

Good luck to all.

Steve
K4GUN/R