[VHFcontesting] Frequency Coordinators [Was: ARCC proposes revision of 3

To: VHF Contesting email <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Frequency Coordinators [Was: ARCC proposes revision of 33cm bandplan]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
> Thought I would forward this over for everyone to see and
> decide what they think of it.

The folks at ARCC are to be congratulated for the effort that they go through
to both keep the peace and proactively avoid conflict among repeater owners.

Unless I've missed a rules' change, Frequency Coordinators activities are
limited to Auxiliary and Repeater operations (Part 97.3(22)).  While there is
nothing wrong with "recognizing" non-repeater operation of different types,
defining it is both out-of-scope and will artificially limit the use of the
band for other, unforseen (to them) uses.

Of course, I may have missed an FCC rule change.

fwiw,
Ev, W2EV