Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 902.010 for contests?

To: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>, <w8iss@amsat.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 902.010 for contests?
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 07:19:43 -0400
 Demi now makes a "drop-in" synthesized LO for their transverters which can
be (must be)  locked to an external 10mhz oscillator. I believe they cost
around $60. I have one ordered with my 10ghz transverter. VE1ALQ makes a PLL
outboard LO that can be used on most LO frequencies and  must also be locked
to 10mhz. I have ordered 2 of these for various tranverters but have not
idea how difficult they are to incorporate into the transverters. I do not
think you need to go this route to stay within the band with any of the oven
xtal oscillators.

Steve
K1IIG