[VHFcontesting] New guy on the list...

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New guy on the list...
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
Just saying "Hi!" to the list from my home in EN52xi.  I just joined a couple
of days ago.
In the past, I have only been a small-potato HF+6m contester.  And on 6-meters,
only doing it with a Saturn-6 Halo atop a bunch of fiberglass military mast
sections strapped to the kids swingset at home
(http://aa9dy.com/HamRadio/images/Saturn6_halo_at_24_feet.jpg).
I'm going to give a first try at being a VHF+ portable hilltopper and also
something more than just 6-meters.  Will do this for the upcoming September VHF
QSO Party.  With not much gear than just 6m, I sought out a couple of fellow
hams that are able to loan me equipment to get on 2m and 440 (so far).  I am
still planning out the details (extra coax, masting, portable power, etc.), but
the intent is to go out to my ILQSO Party operation site
(http://aa9dy.com/HamRadio/images/JODA_ILQP_2006/JodaSite.jpg) on the east side
of Galena, IL (JoDaviess County, GRID EN42uk).
If I can pull off getting the portable power, I will be up on the hill in the
right side of the picture.  It is somewhere around 1090 ft. ASL, which I think
is close to the highest part in Illinois.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good Wx and easy setup!
 73, Wayne / AA9DY.com