[VHFcontesting] WSJT on 432mhz

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WSJT on 432mhz
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:50:23 -0500
I'm certainly no expert, but I fear I have bad news for my friend in South
Florida. While the new digital modes make meteor scatter work possible on
432mhz, it almost always requires two things: Large antennas, and lots of the
power.

You might find better success trying this weekend's contest as a rover, or
portable, operating the UHF station from a hilltop or high building. Even with
rock counts going up lately, I just don't think you'll be able to work anyone
via MS on 432.

Happy to discuss WSJT and Meteor Scatter, especially from a newcomer's point of
view with you by phone at anytime. Call my cell (205) 253-4867.

Try it on 6 Meters or even 2 Meters, and I think you'll fall in love. It is
indeed a great mode for those stations in Florida who have a real uphill climb
in working new grids. Best of luck, and see you on the rocks!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film