Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 band module for FT-726R?

To: <aa5jg@lcisp.com>, "'Mike Urich'" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>, "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 band module for FT-726R?
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:27:39 -0400
No 222 because it isn't an international band.  Not enough sales volume for
something that they can only sell in the US.  Notice that not long ago you
didn't see many rigs with 6 meters.  I believe that 6 meters was mostly
confined to the Western Hemisphere then (I don't remember the ITU region
number).  When many countries in Europe and elsewhere (including Japan)
started making 6 available suddenly just about every HF rig now has 6
meters.  No 6 meters in the 910H because that would cannibalize their sales
of the HF and 6 meter transceivers!

73
Jim, W4KXY